Is your family safe this holiday season? In the United States, Christmas trees are the cause for hundreds of fires annually. In fact, 1 in 3 Christmas tree fires are caused by an electric problem with decorations! There are several things we can do keep our families safe, like preventing the tree from drying out, using strip plugs to power decorations, and using battery operated candles. Keep reading today’s blog to learn more about how to keep your family and home safe this holiday season.
- Keep heating sources such as fireplaces, radiators, heat vents, space heaters, and candles away from Christmas trees
- Never place a candle within 1-foot of anything that can catch on fire
- Prevent fires by throwing out dry Christmas trees, or taking your Christmas tree down on December 26th
- Never connect more than 3-strands of mini lights
- Never connect more than 50 bulbs to a screw-in lighting set
- If you are going on vacation, remove your Christmas tree before leaving
What measures do you take to protect your family during the holidays? Share responses with us on our SeaGate Homes Facebook page.